- How do I renew my membership?
- Text on racv.com.au is very small. How can I make it bigger?
- After prolonged idle periods in traffic my vehicle emits clouds of blue smoke. What is the problem?
- My air conditioner is not working and only the fan works in the vehicle. I cannot hear the compressor switching on. Why?
- Why do batteries fail?
- What are some of the battery safety issues I should consider?
- I am hoping to sell my car privately. What is the best way to do this and what are my legal obligations?
- My brake pedal is vibrating/pulsating when I apply the brakes. Why?
- Can you still be over the legal limit the next morning?
- I am driving my car normally, but it feels like it has much less power. Why is this?
- When should a car have a Statutory Warranty?
After my engine has warmed up, the car stalls whenever I come to rest and I have to start the motor again. What could be the problem?
- When trying to start my car, nothing happens but the headlights are bright as normal. Why won’t the car start?
- What are CCA's?
- What is a Defect Notice?
- Does drinking coffee or taking a shower help reduce BAC?
- Droplets of water are coming from my exhaust tailpipe when the engine is running at normal temperature. Is there anything wrong with this?
- My engine check light comes on intermittently. Is there a problem with my on-board computer?
- My engine is running rough and is shaking badly at idle speeds. What can be the problem?
- My engine won't start but the radio works. When I put the headlights on they are dull. Why?
- What should I know about extended warranties?
- I turned my heater on this morning to warm up inside the car but the fan does not work. Why?
I can't find my vehicle online - what do I do?
- I've downloaded a manual claim form - do I have to complete the medical certificate on the back of the claim form ?
- Am I covered if I work overseas ?
Can my pre-existing medical condition be covered?
do I get a rating with third party policies?
- Do you cover my luggage?
- Does my bull-bar have to comply with the new standard?
- How am I assured of a fair decision when I make a claim?
- how can RACV insurance help me after an accident?
how do I know who is at fault after an accident?
- How do I make a travel insurance claim?
- how do I take out a motor insurance quote?
- How do I work out which international 'destination' to select under Comprehensive Cover?
- How does "Specified Personal Belongings Cover" work?
how does aussie assist help people with vehicle insurance?
- how is my premium calculated?
- how often should I wash my car?
- I am currently overseas and have no insurance – can I still take out your policy ?
- I might have a ‘pre-existing medical condition' – how do I tell?
- I'm a little confused. The claim form asks for a "Certificate Number" and "Policy Number". What is the difference?
- If I return home earlier than planned, can I get a partial refund on my insurance ?
if my car is stolen, do I get a hire car?
Is there any excess on my policy ?
- Is your insurance available to people over the age of 81 ?
should police be notified after an accident?
what are my legal obligations after an accident?
what are my responsibilities to the other driver after an accident?
What Credit Cards do you support ?
What Credit Cards do you support ?
what does "no fault rating protection" mean?
- What happens after I fill out the online application and give you my payment details ?
- What happens if I get sick whilst overseas?
- What happens if I'm injured overseas and have to be evacuated back to Australia?
- What if it's an emergency?
what if someone is injured in an accident?
what is RACV premier 1?
what is rating protection?
- What kind of documentation is required to process my claim?
what should I do immediately after an accident?
what's the difference between market and agreed value?
- where can I view the RACV motor and home insurance Product Disclosure Statements (PDS)?
- Why do your travel insurance policies not cover medical expenses within Australia?
- Why should I buy a bull-bar that complies with the new standard?
why should I insure through RACV insurance?
- I can’t find my insurance policy – what do I do?
I can’t find my insurance quote – what do I do?
how can I cancel my policy?
how do I amend my insurance policy?
- how do I take out a motor insurance policy?
where can I view RACV Privacy information?
- I am buying an imported vehicle. How can I find out if parts are available in Australia?
- How do I find out the age of the car?
- I hear a grinding/knocking noise coming from the front of my car when I am turning corners. Why?
- My heater only blows cold or cool air into the cabin. What could the problem be?
- There is a heavy knocking noise coming from the engine at certain speeds and when I accelerate. What is the problem?
- There is a hissing noise coming from my car engine at different speeds. What is the problem?
- How can I estimate my BAC?
- How do I avoid the risk of drink-driving?
- How many drinks does it take to get to .05 Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC)?
- My indicator, stop lights and headlights are constantly blowing up. Why does this happen?
- Is alcohol a contributor to road crashes?
- I have recently changed the oil filter on my vehicle. Now, when I start from cold, there is a knocking noise for about eight or nine seconds. Why?
- When I rev up the engine there is a loud squeaking noise. This is worse when the engine is cold. Why?
- I have just filled the vehicle with petrol and now have no power. It also cuts out at idle speeds. Why?
- What is a Notice of Particulars?
- How do you obtain maximum service life of my vehicle's battery?
- What else should I do in the event of a motor vehicle accident?
- The outside edges on my tyres are much more worn out than the centre. What causes this?
- My engine is overheating, what could be the possible causes?
- How do I get repairs done under warranty?
- What items does the Statutory Warranty cover?
- Does the Statutory Warranty cover my car while it is undergoing warranty repairs?
- What vehicles does a Statutory Warranty not cover?
- The temperature gauge on my vehicle reads very high, but the engine does not appear to be very hot. How can I determine if I have a problem?
- I want to replace all the cooling hoses on my engine. Are there any precautions I should take?
Can a trader use second-hand parts?
- I recently had a wheel alignment and all tyres balanced but, on the freeway at 100km/h, I can feel vibration at the steering wheel. Why?
- What are the penalties for drink-driving?
- What is a Defect Notice?
- What is a standard drink?
- Why is drink-driving dangerous?