Please click on one of the following links:
- After prolonged idle periods in traffic my vehicle emits clouds of blue smoke. What is the problem?
- My air conditioner is not working and only the fan works in the vehicle. I cannot hear the compressor switching on. Why?
- Why do batteries fail?
- What are some of the battery safety issues I should consider?
- I am hoping to sell my car privately. What is the best way to do this and what are my legal obligations?
- My brake pedal is vibrating/pulsating when I apply the brakes. Why?
- I am driving my car normally, but it feels like it has much less power. Why is this?
- When should a car have a Statutory Warranty?
After my engine has warmed up, the car stalls whenever I come to rest and I have to start the motor again. What could be the problem?
- When trying to start my car, nothing happens but the headlights are bright as normal. Why won’t the car start?
- What are CCA's?
- What is a Defect Notice?
- Droplets of water are coming from my exhaust tailpipe when the engine is running at normal temperature. Is there anything wrong with this?
- My engine check light comes on intermittently. Is there a problem with my on-board computer?
- My engine is running rough and is shaking badly at idle speeds. What can be the problem?
- My engine won't start but the radio works. When I put the headlights on they are dull. Why?
- What should I know about extended warranties?
- I turned my heater on this morning to warm up inside the car but the fan does not work. Why?
- how often should I wash my car?
- I am buying an imported vehicle. How can I find out if parts are available in Australia?
- How do I find out the age of the car?
- I hear a grinding/knocking noise coming from the front of my car when I am turning corners. Why?
- My heater only blows cold or cool air into the cabin. What could the problem be?
- There is a heavy knocking noise coming from the engine at certain speeds and when I accelerate. What is the problem?
- There is a hissing noise coming from my car engine at different speeds. What is the problem?
- My indicator, stop lights and headlights are constantly blowing up. Why does this happen?
- I have recently changed the oil filter on my vehicle. Now, when I start from cold, there is a knocking noise for about eight or nine seconds. Why?
- When I rev up the engine there is a loud squeaking noise. This is worse when the engine is cold. Why?
- I have just filled the vehicle with petrol and now have no power. It also cuts out at idle speeds. Why?
- What is a Notice of Particulars?
- How do you obtain maximum service life of my vehicle's battery?
- What else should I do in the event of a motor vehicle accident?
- The outside edges on my tyres are much more worn out than the centre. What causes this?
- My engine is overheating, what could be the possible causes?
- How do I get repairs done under warranty?
- What items does the Statutory Warranty cover?
- Does the Statutory Warranty cover my car while it is undergoing warranty repairs?
- What vehicles does a Statutory Warranty not cover?
- The temperature gauge on my vehicle reads very high, but the engine does not appear to be very hot. How can I determine if I have a problem?
- I want to replace all the cooling hoses on my engine. Are there any precautions I should take?
Can a trader use second-hand parts?
- I recently had a wheel alignment and all tyres balanced but, on the freeway at 100km/h, I can feel vibration at the steering wheel. Why?
- What is a Defect Notice?