Should your nominated vehicle or motorcycle break down, RACV Roadside Care now not only helps you with emergency roadside assistance and towing, but also offers you up to $5,000 per annum towards a superior range of additional benefits to assist you both locally and when you are travelling away from your home address.
For assistance call 13 11 11
To purchase RACV Roadside Care:
- call 13 RACV (13 72 28)
- visit your nearest RACV Shop or purchase RACV Roadside Care online today
Roadside Care costs
RACV members now receive Years of Membership Benefits on their emergency roadside assistance*. So most members will now pay even less for the peace of mind of having RACV on call 24 hours a day.
|Card Colour||Discount||First year price (includes one-off establishment fee)||Ongoing price per annum|
An establishment fee of $54 (inc.GST) applies to new subscribers 21 years & over. New subscribers under 21 are exempt from the establishment fee.
- Two years of Roadside Care must be purchased if joining on the road at the time of breakdown.
24-hour waiting period applies after joining or changing a nominated vehicle on Roadside Car Care (with the exception of blue membership card holders, where the wait period for Extended Benefits is 7 days).
- *On existing subscriptions the discount applies from the next renewal after you qualify.
- **Members who have completed 50 years of continuous RACV membership are eligible to receive free Roadside Care for one vehicle.
- Click here to compare all RACV Emergency Roadside Assistance Products at a glance.
Entitlements now available for all members with Roadside Care include^:
- extra membership benefits
- benefits when over 100km from home
- benefits when under 100km from home
- free fuel
- emergency roadside assistance
extra membership benefits
With RACV Roadside Care, you will also have access to other Membership benefits including:
- Access to Show Your Card & Save member benefit program.
- Travel and tourism information, advice and booking services.
- Access to a wide range of RACV products and services ranging from batteries to RACV home security systems.
- Eleven issues each year of RACV's RoyalAuto magazine.
- Free technical advice and new car test reports.
If we cannot get your vehicle going, we will arrange for it to be towed to a repairer. This includes:
- In Metropolitan Areas, the first 20km in any direction, from the point of breakdown is free of charge
- In Country Areas, from the point of breakdown back to the attending service centre.
benefits when over 100km from home
Should you be on a longer journey and your vehicle breaks down, RACV will contribute up to $750 (in total per incident) towards a pool of benefits to assist you while your car is being repaired. These include any combination of the following:
- Alternative transportation
- Taxi fare (up to a limit of $50)
benefits when under 100km from home
If you are out on the road and not too far from home, we will assist you if your nominated vehicle becomes disabled and requires a tow. RACV Roadside Care entitles you to a pool of benefits up to the value of $50 (in total per incident) which includes any combination of the following:
- Alternative transportation
- Taxi fare (limit of 1 trip at $50)
emergency roadside assistance
You get 8 service calls per subscription year.
When you need the added benefits of RACV Roadside Care, simply call 13 11 11. You will be put in contact with a consultant who will make all of the necessary arrangements on your behalf, including:
- Emergency roadside assistance - for when you have a flat tyre, a flat battery, when you require a tow, a tow truck or when you have run out of fuel
- Extended benefits - for assistance in organising benefits if you have locked your keys in the vehicle or your vehicle will not start, accommodation and alternative transport
^Conditions and monetary limits apply - refer to RACV Terms and Conditions.