Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions. Participation in this Competition is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. This Competition will be conducted during the Competition Period.
3. The Prize(s) are stated as in the Prize Details.
4. Entries that meet the Entry Restrictions, fulfil any Eligibility Criteria and are correctly submitted in accordance with the Entry Method described in the Competition Details (Eligible Entries) may participate in the Competition.
5. This Competition is a game of skill, and chance plays no part in determining the Prize winner/s. All valid entries received during the Competition Period will be judged on their literary and/or creative merit. The Promoter's decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
6. Where there is more than one Prize, the Promoter will judge and rank Eligible Entries so that the second best Eligible Entry will also win a Prize, and so on until all prizes are distributed. See Prize Details for more information.
7. Unless otherwise stated, entry is limited to one entry per person. If you enter more than once, your first entry will be judged and any subsequent entries will be invalid. Any form of automated entry using any other devices or software is invalid.
8. Employees (and their immediate families) of the Promoter are ineligible to enter the Competition. Immediate family means any of the following: spouse, ex-spouse, de-facto spouse, child or step-child (whether natural or by adoption), parent, step-parent, grandparent, step-grandparent, uncle, aunt, niece, nephew, brother, sister, step-brother, step-sister or first cousin.
9. The winner/s will be notified in accordance with the Winner Notification & Publication information set out in the Competition Details.
10. The Promoter may require each winner to provide proof of identity, proof of age and proof of residency. Identification considered suitable for verification is at the Promoter’s discretion.
11. If a winning entry is not deemed to comply with these conditions of entry, the entry will be discarded and a new winner of that Prize will be determined in accordance with paragraph 4.
12. The Promoter may, in its sole discretion, disqualify all entries from, and prohibit further participation in this Competition by, any person (including without limitation a winner) who tampers with or benefits from any tampering with the entry process or with the operation of the Competition or acts in violation of these conditions, acts in a disruptive manner or acts with intent or effect of annoying, abusing, threatening or harassing any other person or behaves in a manner which may diminish the good name or reputation of the Promoter or any of its related bodies corporate or the agencies or companies associated with this Competition, in contrary to law or is otherwise inappropriate.
13. The Promoter's decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into
14. The Prize is not transferable, changeable or exchangeable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in prize value. If a Prize or any element of a Prize is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter may substitute for that Prize or element of that Prize another item of equal or higher value as determined by the Promoter, subject to the approval of the Victorian gambling authority if required.
15. By entering this Competition, each entrant accepts full responsibility for the decision to participate in the Competition and take the Prize should he/she be selected as a winner. Each winner releases the Promoter, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, agents, employees and suppliers (the “Released Parties”) from all liability, loss and damage of any kind arising out of or in connection with the acceptance of, and participation in, any prize. Without limiting the foregoing, the Released Parties will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to direct or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Prize(s) which cannot be excluded by law.
16. Without limiting the previous paragraph, the Promoter and its associated agencies and companies will not be liable for any damage, loss or delay in transit to Prize or be liable for any damage that occurs to the Prize.
17. The Promoter may communicate or advertise this Competition using Facebook. However, the Competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to the Promoter and not to Facebook. Each entrant completely releases Facebook Inc., and its associated entities from any and all liability.
18. If this Competition is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated by due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law and subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the Competition as appropriate.
19. The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought. Where this Competition involves, for GST purposes, supplies being made for nonmonetary consideration, entrants will follow the Australian Taxation Office’s stated view that were the parties are at arm’s length goods and services exchanged are of equal GST inclusive market values.
20. Entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s name, image and likeness in the event they are the winner (including photograph, filming and/or recording of the same) in any media for an unlimited period without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including the outcome) and promoting any products manufactured, distributed, and/or supplied by the Promoter or its related companies.
21. In the event entrants are required to submit or post any content or materials as part of the Entry Method, entrant’s consent to the Promoter modifying, reproducing, publishing and communicating any materials submitted (in whole or in part) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of promoting this Competition (including the outcome) and promoting the Promoter’s goods and services and the entrant agrees not to make any claim for payment, breach of copyright or breach of moral rights in such material.
22. Entrants’ details may be used for future promotions carried out by the Promoter. Entrants can request not to receive information about future promotions by calling 13 RACV (13 7228) or unsubscribing from email communication.