About the foundation
What are we here for?
In challenging economic times, the community services that the Foundation helps to fund are being called upon more than ever. It is important that the RACV Community Foundation makes a significant contribution to the social fabric of Victoria.
Vision: To provide a source of philanthropic funding for Victorian charitable and community organisations in order to enhance quality of life.
Mission: To provide funds to grassroots community service organisations that look to increase mobility in Victorian communities, with a view to enhancing social cohesion, safety, and/or environmental sustainability.
Grants of up to $20,000 help grassroots organisations – often staffed by volunteers – deliver local projects that help improve the lives of people in need throughout Victoria. Since 1997, the Foundation has approved grants worth over $3.7 million to over 300 Victorian charities.
RACV Community Foundation Golf Day 2016
Join us for the Foundation’s premier fundraising event the RACV Community Foundation Golf Day 2016
The RACV Community Foundation 2016 Golf Day will be held at one of Victoria’s finest golf courses, RACV Cape Schanck Resort, on Friday, 25 November 2016. This year, we are making golf play more accessible for all participants. The event will provide a choice of two formats, Ambrose and Individual Stableford. For serious golfers, the Stableford session is suited to players with a registered handicap. The Ambrose format is for all golfers who are out to have a great time.
All proceeds from the day go to the RACV Community Foundation. In turn, the Foundation supports grassroots charities with grants that support programs which increase mobility, enhance social cohesion, safety and/or environmental sustainability.
The cost for the event is $150 and includes;
- light breakfast
- 18 holes of golf
- post-round gourmet buffet lunch
- player giveaways
- auction (all proceeds go to the Foundation)
- shared use of motorised golf cart.
Limited places are available. Entries must be submitted before Friday, 4 November 2016.
To register for yourself and your guests click here.
Enjoy a fantastic day of golf and be part of an important community-focused Foundation.
Read about our previous year
RACV Community Foundation Annual Review 2015
Grant Round 2016
Thanks to all those who applied through the 2016 grant round.
The 2017 grant round will open in April, 2017.
How you can get involved
You can join over 800 people who make one-off donations to the Foundation every year by clicking on the ‘donate’ button on this page and following a few simple steps.
Alternatively, for donations of $5,000 and above it’s easy to establish a sub-fund within the RACV Community Foundation that will carry your name, act as a focus for your charitable work going forward and will continue to grow and last beyond a single gift.
We are a charitable fund, so all donations are tax deductible, and you can be sure your donation will make a real and positive difference to many Victorian communities.
Reasons to support the RACV community foundation:
- A demonstrated history of community impact across Victoria – more than 50 per cent of all grants awarded to rural and regional organisations
- A focus on small community organisations – more than 80 per cent of grants support organisations with annual turnovers of less than $5 million
- Direction and support provided by an Advisory Committee comprising RACV Directors, staff and community representatives with decades of collective expertise both in business and working with the not- for-profit sector
- A strong charter and rules ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation
- A rigorous grants approval process
- A qualified and experienced management and staff.
Contact us at [email protected]
Foundation Manager: Mr Shane Austin - 03 9790 2919
Administrative Assistant: Ms Carline Allas