About the foundation
What are we here for?
In challenging economic times, the community services that the Foundation helps to fund are being called upon more than ever. It is important that the RACV Community Foundation makes a significant contribution to the social fabric of Victoria.
Vision: To provide a source of philanthropic funding for Victorian charitable and community organisations in order to enhance quality of life.
Mission: To provide funds to grassroots community service organisations that look to increase mobility in Victorian communities, with a view to enhancing social cohesion, safety, and/or environmental sustainability.
Grants of up to $20,000 help grassroots organisations – often staffed by volunteers – deliver local projects that help improve the lives of people in need throughout Victoria. Since 1997, the Foundation has approved grants worth over $3.7 million to over 300 Victorian charities.
Read about our previous year
RACV Community Foundation Annual Review 2015
Grant Round 2016
Thanks to all those who applied through the 2016 grant round.
The 2017 grant round will open in April, 2017.
How you can get involved
You can join over 800 people who make one-off donations to the Foundation every year by clicking on the ‘donate’ button on this page and following a few simple steps.
Alternatively, for donations of $5,000 and above it’s easy to establish a sub-fund within the RACV Community Foundation that will carry your name, act as a focus for your charitable work going forward and will continue to grow and last beyond a single gift.
We are a charitable fund, so all donations are tax deductible, and you can be sure your donation will make a real and positive difference to many Victorian communities.
Reasons to support the RACV community foundation:
- A demonstrated history of community impact across Victoria – more than 50 per cent of all grants awarded to rural and regional organisations
- A focus on small community organisations – more than 80 per cent of grants support organisations with annual turnovers of less than $5 million
- Direction and support provided by an Advisory Committee comprising RACV Directors, staff and community representatives with decades of collective expertise both in business and working with the not- for-profit sector
- A strong charter and rules ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation
- A rigorous grants approval process
- A qualified and experienced management and staff.
Contact us at [email protected]
Foundation Manager: Mr Shane Austin - 03 9790 2919
Administrative Assistant: Ms Carline Allas