About the foundation
RACV is committed to serving the community. That’s why we created the RACV Community Foundation – to deliver vital funds to not-for-profit community groups.
Grants of up to $20,000 help grassroots organisations – often staffed by volunteers – deliver local projects that help improve the lives of people in need throughout Victoria. Since 1997, the Foundation has approved grants worth over $3.1 million to approximately 480 Victorian charities.
The Foundation focuses on supporting mobility in the community as its primary area of philanthropic funding, with a view to enhancing safety, environmental sustainability and/or social cohesion.
2015 Grant Round
Applications for the 2015 grant round will formally open Monday 13 April 2015 and will close 5pm Friday 5 June 2015.
Any applications received after 5pm Friday 5 June 2015 will not be considered.
Application form and Grant guidelines will be available on this site by Monday 13 April 2015.
Reasons to support the RACV community foundation:
- A demonstrated history of community impact across Victoria – more than 50 per cent of all grants awarded to rural and regional organisations
- A focus on small community organisations – more than 90 per cent of grants support organisations with annual turnovers of less than $5 million
- Direction and support provided by an Advisory Committee comprising RACV Directors, staff and community representatives with decades of collective expertise both in business and working with the not- for-profit sector
- A strong charter and rules ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation
- A rigorous grants approval process
- Access to RACV experts