About the foundation
What are we here for?
In challenging economic times, the community services that the Foundation helps to fund are being called upon more than ever. It is important that the RACV Community Foundation makes a significant contribution to the social fabric of Victoria.
Vision: To provide a source of philanthropic funding for Victorian charitable and community organisations in order to enhance quality of life.
Mission: To provide funds to grassroots community service organisations that look to increase mobility in Victorian communities, with a view to enhancing social cohesion, safety, and/or environmental sustainability.
Grants of up to $20,000 help grassroots organisations – often staffed by volunteers – deliver local projects that help improve the lives of people in need throughout Victoria. Since 1997, the Foundation has approved grants worth over $3.7 million to over 300 Victorian charities.
Read about our previous year
RACV Community Foundation Annual Review 2015
Grant Round 2016
Apply for a grant
The 2016 grant round opens on Monday 11 April 2016 and will close 5pm Friday 3 June 2016.
Grant guidelines and Online grant application form available here:
2016 Grant Application Question List
(This list allows you to prepare your application before completing the RACV Community Foundation 2016 online grant application form).
Officially opens Monday 11 April 2016
(When completing online grant application form do not close the web-browser until the application is complete and submitted. Application will not be lodged until submit button has been pressed).
*Please note, applications will close 5pm Friday 3 June 2016 and cannot be received after this time.
For more information email [email protected]
Grant Seeker Forum 2016
Thank you to all who attended the RACV Community Foundation Grant Seeker Forum. For those who were unable to attend you are now able to view the presentation notes from the Forum.
Dates to remember
Grant guidelines and grant application process will be released on Friday 8 April 2016
Grant Round Opens: Monday 11 April 2016
Grant Round Closes: Friday 3 June 2016 (5pm)
Reasons to support the RACV community foundation:
- A demonstrated history of community impact across Victoria – more than 50 per cent of all grants awarded to rural and regional organisations
- A focus on small community organisations – more than 80 per cent of grants support organisations with annual turnovers of less than $5 million
- Direction and support provided by an Advisory Committee comprising RACV Directors, staff and community representatives with decades of collective expertise both in business and working with the not- for-profit sector
- A strong charter and rules ensuring compliance with all relevant legislation
- A rigorous grants approval process
- A qualified and experienced management and staff.