The RACV City Club Library offers hundreds of items on information technology and allied topics. An emphasis on easy-to-understand books intended to provide practical support to the novice and non-IT professional as available alongside a selection of magazines.
Among the many topics covered are
- Hardware – From desktop to laptops, tablet to e-readers, smart phones to the latest wearable technology, there are how-to-guides on most major computing devices including PCs, iMacs, MacBooks, iPhones, Galaxy Nexus, iPad, Kindle and Apple Watch
- Software – There are an equally diverse selection of works on a computer programs including
- Operating systems such as Windows, Apple OS and Android
- Office suites such as Microsoft Office as well as individual titles on specific programs within such suites like Word or Excel
- Particular types of programs such as Apps
- Programs for specific tasks such as photography (Photoshop) or accounting (Quicken)
- Internet – Alongside overviews of the subject, the collection contains books on
- Online security when using the internet
- Social media – In addition to overviews of the concept, works are held on individual platforms such as Facebook and Twitter as well as coverage of popular activities such as blogging and podcasting
- Storage options such as cloud computing
All books are available for loan.
The magazine titles held are:
- Australian personal computer
- Computer choice
- PC & Tech authority
Current issues of these titles are held on display for use in the Library with older issues available for loan.