Advice for Members and guests at RACV Club
Our City Club and Healesville Country Club & Resort is currently open to Members and guests who live within a 25km radius. Accommodation is not open.
We will reopen to all Members and guests from Friday 18 June 2021 including accommodation.
The following facilities are currently open at each property:
- Members' Dining Room
- One Spa (incl. Hairdresser)
- Bourke Street Green
- Le Petit Gateau
- Shared workspace
- Terrace Bistro
- Members' Lounge
Open from Friday 18 June:
- Carbine Bar (reopens 17 June)
- Fitness Centre & Squash
- Canapes in Retreat
Bistro will serve breakfast from Saturday 19 June. The Library will be manned 10am - 3pm from Monday 21 June. The Indoor pool, sauna and spa remained closed for maintenance.
- Fitness Centre & pool (sauna & steam room remain closed)
- Aperitivo hour
- Terrace breakfast (from Saturday 19 June)
We ask that Members continue to revisit the RACV Club bookings page for the most up to date information regarding opening dates and times for facilities at both properties. It is important for Members to understand that there may be some further changes in operating times and hours over the coming weeks as we again reopen both properties, and that capacity at venues will be limited by Victorian Government requirements.
In line with the Victorian Travel Permit System, the following restrictions are in place for visits to our City and Healesville properties:
- We are unable to accept Members and guests from a Red Zone.
- We are able to accept Members and guests from an Orange Zone once a negative COVID-19 test have been received.
- We are able to accept Members and guests from a Green Zone.
- We are unable to accept guests who have visited a Tier 1 exposure site during times specified by the Department of Health.
We ask for your patience and understanding over this period.
We will handle your information to comply with government guidelines regarding the COVID-19 health emergency and to assist local health authorities with contact tracing. Incomplete or inaccurate information will affect the ability of health authorities to conduct their inquiries and to contact you if you’re at risk. Our Privacy Charter (racv.com.au/privacy) explains how you can contact us, get access to and update your information, and how to lodge a privacy complaint.