Give your mother the gift of beautiful healthy skin with One Spa treatments and products.
Mother’s Day coincides with autumn, making it the perfect time to gift your mum a One Spa treatment or skincare product that will help her skin keep glowing over winter.
Erin Innes, a senior day spa therapist at Healesville Country Club & Resort, says One Spa offers treatments and facials that can hydrate and rejuvenate the skin during the cooler months.
As a spa therapist, she knows what a big difference nourishing skincare and pampering can make to mothers at any time of year.
“We know that mums work hard to provide for their families,” says Erin. “A little bit of me time and the opportunity to learn about how to keep your skin healthy is a lovely way to spoil your mum.”
Erin says the two concerns for the skin during the cooler months are sensitivity and dehydration.
“Sensitivity can manifest as redness and inflammation, while dehydration can make the skin dull and flaky, she says.
External factors such as hot showers, artificial heating and extremes in temperature can adversely affect the skin, as can internal factors such as a poor diet or not drinking enough water.
“The wrong skincare regime or over-exfoliating can leave your skin feeling dull and dry,” says Erin. “It’s important to check you are using the right skincare products for your skin type and to change them to suit the season.”
Changing your skincare routine doesn’t have to be difficult or expensive.
“Changing your moisturiser from a lighter one in summer to something more nourishing in winter can protect the skin from the harsh environment,” says Erin. “Adding a specific hydrating serum or mask and exfoliating twice a week will also aid cell turnover.”
Simple steps to enhance your skin:
- Exfoliate to aid cell turnover
- Drink plenty of water
- Avoid temperature extremes
- Use a product with SPF (sun protection factor) every day, even in winter
- Eat a balanced diet
- Regularly clean makeup brushes
- Regularly change pillowcases
- Exercise to increase oxygen through the bloodstream
Mother’s Day One Spa gift ideas
- Hydration Therapy: This is a full-body exfoliation and a warm hydrating gel mask, which together will restore moisture and create soft smooth skin.
- Hydramemory Facial: This rejuvenating and hydrating treatment is especially designed for dehydrated skin.
- [Comfort Zone] Body Strategist Peel Scrub
- [Comfort Zone] Tranquillity Body Cream
- [Comfort Zone] Essential Peeling Mask
- [Comfort Zone] Hydramemory Mask
For personalised skincare advice or to make an appointment, speak to our friendly and experienced therapists at the City and Country Club. To contact One Spa Healesville Country Club & Resort 03 5969 9388 or email email@example.com or visit racv.com.au/healesvillespa.
To contact City Club One Spa, 03 9944 8884, email firstname.lastname@example.org or racv.com.au/onespa-cityclub.