Insurance claims

We know it can be stressful when something goes wrong. Find out how to prepare for and make a claim

Thank you for contacting us

Your reference number is

We'll contact you within 72 hours and may ask for this reference number.

Before you get started

Here’s what you’ll need before you start your claim:

  • your personal information
  • your policy number and coverage details
  • details of the incident, including photos and reports if necessary
  • information about other people involved in the incident or any witnesses.

Not sure how the process works? Take a look at our handy guides.

Find your policy details online

Looking for your home, vehicle or business insurance details? See your policy number, coverage and more - all in your online account.

Making home and vehicle claims

You can claim online for:

  • Car insurance
  • Home insurance
  • Motorycle insurance
  • Caravan & trailer insurance

Why go online?

  • Easy guided claims process
  • Upload your photos and documents anytime
  • Some pre-filled policy details when you claim in your online account
  • Manage your claim when it suits you

Managing your claim

You can see the status of your claim and  pay your excess online.

Making travel, business and boat claims

Travel insurance

You can make a travel insurance claim 24/7 in the online portal. Otherwise, the team can help you over the phone.

Business insurance

You can make a business insurance claim over the phone - the team is here to help weekdays from 8:30am - 5:00pm, or you can leave a voicemail after hours.

Boat insurance

Make or manage a claim anytime by calling our helpful claims team.

Here to help

Call the claims teams

If you have any questions, or you’d just rather chat to someone on the phone, the teams are ready to help.

How insurance claims work

Check out our handy claims guides.

The information provided is general advice only. Before making any decisions please consider your own circumstances and the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations. For copies, visit

RACV Car Insurance, Motorcycle Insurance, Caravan & Trailer Insurance, Boat Insurance, Veteran, Vintage & Classic Vehicle Insurance, Building & Contents Insurance, Buildings Insurance, Contents Insurance, Renters Insurance and Landlord Insurance issued by Insurance Manufacturers of Australia Pty Ltd ABN 93 004 208 084 AFS Licence No. 227678. RACV Business Insurance, EasyBiz Insurance, Professional Indemnity Insurance, Information Communication and Technology Liability Insurance, Farm Insurance and EasyFarm Insurance issued by Insurance Australia Ltd, ABN 11 000 016 722, AFS Licence No .227681. As distributor, RACV Insurance Services Pty Ltd AFS Licence No. 230039 receives commission for each policy sold or renewed.

RACV Travel Insurance issued by Tokio Marine & Nichido Fire Insurance Co., Ltd ABN 80 000 438 291AFSL 246 548. Terms & conditions apply, refer to the PDS. Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) Ltd AR 001243563 is an authorised representative of the issuer and receives commission for each policy sold or renewed.