There are four events in the series and the best three scores for each RACV Golf member will be counted in Order of Merit. The top five point holders at the end of the series will be awarded a spot in the upcoming Victorian PGA Championship Celebrity Amateur Challenge to be played in conjunction with the Victorian PGA Championship at RACV Cape Schanck Resort in October 2018.
Entry fees for each event are:
$49 for RACV Golf Members and
$59 for guests.
Round 1: Sunday 29 April at Yarra Bend Golf
Round 2: Sunday 27 May at RACV Cape Schanck Resort
Round 3: Sunday 8 July at RACV Goldfields Resort
Round 4: Sunday 19 August at RACV Healesville Country Club
Registrations are open now. Click here to book your spot in 1, 2, 3 or all 4 of these events. Note that bookings are limited and will be filled on a first to book basis.
The RACV Golf 2018 Order of Merit Series will be an exciting competition for all RACV Golf Members and hopefully encourage all of us to get out on the golf course more often. Remember, the players who play the most events have a higher chance of finishing in the top five.
Good luck to all competitors!
The format of the Order of Merit series will be as follows:
- Placing points are awarded from 15 - 1 to the top 15 place-getters in each event. Hence, 1st = 15 points, 2nd = 14 points and so on.
- Players tied in a placing will be separated as per the Golf Australia countback rules.
- Two entry points are awarded to each RACV Golf member for each event that they play in, with all entry points for all four rounds being counted. Entry points are in addition to placing points.
- Only RACV Golf Members are eligible to accrue points for the Order of Merit. If a non RACV Golf member places in an event, the points pass down to the next RACV Golf member and so on.
- Only results achieved as an RACV Golf member count - hence retrospective results from prior to joining do not count. The deadline for joining to receive placing points is the same day of the event.
- Only players with current and valid official handicaps are eligible to receive Order of Merit points.
- Players without official handicaps are still eligible to receive entry points if they are RACV Golf members.
- In the event of ties within the Order of Merit Top 5, the following tiebreakers will be used to determine final placings for each position from 1 to 5:
- Whoever entered the most events.
- Whoever scored placing points in the most events.
- Most wins, then 2nds, then 3rds, etc.