Emergency Home Assist for builders and developers
We're here to help you look after your home buyers – and your business.
Thank you for submitting the form. Your reference number is
We know that building or investing in a property can be a stressful undertaking for any new home buyer. New home owners look to their builder for help and guidance when issues and emergencies arise, and offering the right amount of support is equally important to the builder or developer.
RACV Emergency Home Assist allows you to provide the best customer service experience by responding to most emergencies in your home buyers' new asset with an exceptional, cost-effective service available 24/7:
- Helping you deliver exceptional after settlement support: When you gift your new home buyers an Emergency Home Assist subscription, we will respond to most post-settlement home emergencies.
- We take the stress out of post-settlement call outs: Call outs can be a costly and time-consuming burden for builders and developers. RACV Emergency Home Assist provides fast, reliable and cost-effective service that ensures your home buyers are urgently assisted.
We have COVID-Safe guidelines in place that meet government requirements to help keep everyone safe and well.
Home emergency occurs and tradesperson is allocated
New home owner calls the RACV emergency number and a tradesperson is allocated to the incident.
Problem is fixed or made safe
A tradesperson will respond to the emergency, usually within the hour. Depending on what’s gone wrong, they’ll fix the problem or make the area safe to prevent further damage.
Incident is reported and closed
A report of the incident is emailed to you and your new home owner. If an incident isn't resolved and needs more work, we will provide a free, no-obligation quote for the repair.
The ideal gift for your new home buyers, RACV Emergency Home Assist offers well-rounded, hassle-free home emergency support.
Lock out emergencies
- Being locked out of the house
- Broken key in lock
- Home safety is threatened as a result of damaged locks or jammed external doors or windows
- Broken glass in an external door or window (make safe and clean up; excludes glass replacement)
- Blocked toilet, pipe(s), or drain
- Burst pipe or joint
- Internal leak through the ceiling or walls
- Gas or internal leak
- Broken tap or showerhead
- Broken or burst hot water system
- Broken or damaged heating/cooling system
- Blackout or power failure in the house (excludes area-wide blackouts)
- Broken or burst hot water system (including inability to re-ignite pilot light)
- Broken or damaged heating system
- Broken or damaged cooling system
Commitment to fixing the emergency
In most cases we'll fix the problem on the spot. If this isn't possible, we'll secure the property and provide expert advice on what's needed, as well as a free no-obligation quote.
One number to call
Access to a network of highly skilled, certified tradespeople is just a phone call away.
Improve the client experience
Control home emergencies in a timely manner, save money and reduce stress in the customer experience of an incident.
How much do I pay for RACV Emergency Home Assist?
Call 1300 170 883
RACV Emergency Home Assist is available as an annual subscription product.
A subscription to Emergency Home Assist is available for $230 per year, and RACV’s Years of Membership Benefits apply to your new home buyers. Check out the pricing levels here.
However, as a business customer and based on the number of subscriptions you require, you may be entitled to a reduced rate. Our business manager can take you through the options.
What payment options are available?
Annual subscriptions to Emergency Home Assist are invoiced for the annual subscriptions purchased in a given month. The invoice will detail the properties you have purchased Emergency Home Assist subscriptions for during the period and these can be paid via Bpay or Credit Card within 30 days of invoice.
How do I manage the subscriptions for our home buyers?
We have an online business portal which allows you to enter the property you have purchased an Emergency Home Assist subscription for, and it is then activated. The portal also gives you visibility over which properties you have purchased an Emergency Home Assist subscription for.
How will I know there has been an incident at one of our homes?
We will provide an incident report to you and the home buyer so you know what type of incident has occurred at the property, what has been done to fix the problem and if any further work is required.
- With one phone call, your home buyer will get a dependable RACV tradesperson on your doorstep quickly.
- The service is 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and there is no surcharge for night call outs, weekends or public holidays.
- One low annual fee gives your home buyer up to 8 emergency call outs per year and there is no additional charge for RACV to attend the emergency and fix the problem*.
- All RACV tradespeople are dependable, fully accredited and trained so you know the work will be done well.
- In most cases, we’ll fix the problem on the spot. If we can’t, we’ll undertake temporary repairs to make the area safe and prevent further damage, and give your home buyer expert advice on how to proceed from there. We can also organise a free, no-obligation quote from a qualified tradesperson.
*Subject to EHA Terms and Conditions.
Does Emergency Home Assist include general home maintenance like dripping taps?
Check what's included
No. RACV Emergency Home Assist provides fast response assistance in the event of a home emergency and is not intended as a general maintenance or handyman service.
If the area is not currently covered by RACV Emergency Home Assist, how will I know when the service becomes available?
RACV will provide regular updates as the service area expands.