Two people in a stylish warehouse sitting on comfy seats looking at a laptop and holding coffees.

Electricians insurance

Protect your electrical business from unexpected events with RACV Business Insurance

Thank you for contacting us

Your reference number is

We'll contact you within 72 hours and may ask for this reference number.

Why get electricians insurance

Running an electrical business comes with a range of risks. Our business insurance automatically includes public and product liability to protect you from injury to another person or damage to their property if you are found to be responsible. Enjoy flexibility to choose from a range of our optional covers to protect your tools, vehicles and much more.

Tailor your package

You can tailor your package by choosing from different cover options, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

When electricians insurance may help

Property damage

You climb a ladder to add a light fitting in a client's living room and your ladder leaves a hole in the living room wall, requiring repairs.

Ruptured pipe

You dig a small trench to lay down conduit and accidentally rupture a sewerage pipe, damaging the pipe and causing sewerage to leak into the yard.

Cut electric cables

You accidentally cut through electric cables, causing loss of power and damage to the existing wiring.

Personal injury

The client trips over an unsecured cable on a job site injuring themself and needing time off work.

Extra cover you can add

Business interruption

Covers loss of income, if your business premise is damaged by an insured event and your business interrupted as a result.

Tax investigation

Covers the professional fees you pay to comply with a tax audit or investigation.

Portable property

Covers you for loss, damage or burglary for insured property (e.g. tools) you take on the road with you or are stored at a worksite.

Personal accident & illness

Covers you for loss of income, if you fall ill or injure yourself impacting your ability to work.

Commercial motor vehicles

Covers the motor vehicles you use to operate your business, including vans, utes and trailers.

Theft and money

Covers you if a person breaks into your business premises and steals your stock, contents, equipment, or money.

We'll make it quick and easy

Tailored to your business

Optional covers tailored to your business, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

We'll save you time

Get a quote and cover online or by phone. We’ll reduce unnecessary paperwork and save you time.

Trusted by thousands

Protecting thousands of Victorian businesses like yours.

Frequently asked questions

RACV Business Insurance caters to the needs of small businesses and sole traders. This covers operations with less than 20 employees and less than $5 million turnover per year.

Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business against legal claims resulting from injuries to another person or damage to their property for covered events. If you work with clients or customers in public spaces, visit spaces owned or controlled by others, have visitors to your premises, or manufacture products, this cover could help cover unexpected costs when accidents happen.

Not all businesses are the same. That’s why the level of public liability insurance you need is unique to:

  • the size of your business i.e. employees, income
  • your risk appetite
  • how much it would cost to fix the problem if a mistake is made.

You can cover your business for up to $20 million for public liability each year. We’ll ask you some questions to help you determine what level of cover is best to protect your business.

We thank our business customers for their understanding and patience during the general insurance industry Business Interruption test case process. The test cases were an important step in clarifying how business interruption policy wordings were to be interpreted in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic. The courts have now finalised the test case process and the outcomes can now be applied in determining COVID-19 pandemic business interruption claims.

There have been two test cases in relation to business interruption cover and COVID-19 impacts that now have a final outcome. The outcome of these test cases may impact your entitlement to cover under a business interruption policy. 

  • The first test case determined that certain policy exclusions that referred to a disease declared to be a quarantinable disease under the Quarantine Act 1908 (Cth) could not be applied to claims relating to COVID-19.
  • The second test case determined various issues relevant to business interruption cover, providing clarity on to the interpretation of business interruption policy wordings. The court determined that in all but one case the policyholders were not entitled to cover under their policies. In the remaining case, the court found that the policyholder may be entitled to cover under the particular terms of their policy. As a result, certain policyholders may be entitled to cover depending on the particular terms of their policy and the facts and circumstances of their claim.
  • In the second test case, the court also determined that a disease exclusion clause that referred to a disease declared to be a ‘listed human disease’ under the Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth) applies to exclude cover for COVID-19.

Further information in relation to the test cases is available on the Insurance Council of Australia’s website.

Your entitlement to cover will depend on the particular terms of your policy wording and the individual facts and circumstances of any loss you may have suffered.

If your business has been affected by COVID-19 and you have business interruption cover, you can talk to us about making a claim on 13 19 03 or contact your broker.

If you have already lodged a claim under your business interruption policy for COVID-19 impacts we will contact you separately in relation to this claim.

Tips and advice for your business

The information provided is general advice only. Before making any decisions please consider your own circumstances and the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations. For copies, visit As a referrer, RACV Insurance Services Pty Ltd AFS Licence No. 230039 receives commission for each policy sold or renewed. Product(s) issued by Insurance Australia Ltd, ABN 11 000 016 722, AFS Licence No. 227681.