Man walking across a mezzanine in a commercial property holding blueprint plans.

Professionals Insurance

Protect your liabilities as a business professional or consultant

Thank you for contacting us

Your reference number is

We'll contact you within 72 hours and may ask for this reference number.

Flexible insurance for professionals and consultants

If you’re self-employed as a tax agent or graphic designer, RACV Business Insurance has flexible cover to protect your business.

Key inclusion

You can tailor your package by choosing from different cover options, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

Cover suited to professionals

Breach of duty

For example, if you fail to submit a client’s paperwork in time.

Breach of privacy or confidentiality

Like if you accidentally share a client’s personal information without permission.

Intellectual property infringement

Like if you unintentionally breach copyright by giving protected designs to a client without permission.


For example, if someone claims that your social media post damaged their reputation.

Lost or damaged documents

Like if you lost a client’s financial documents after they’d given them to you to look after.

Reputation repair

We cover the cost of a public relations consultant to help repair your reputation after a claim against you.

Claims investigation costs

We cover the legal costs and expenses of investigating, defending and settling claims made against you (up to the amount of cover you have).

This is a summary only – terms, conditions and policy limits apply. For the full details of what is and is not covered you can read the RACV Professional Indemnity Insurance Policy.

Additional cover to tailor your package

Public liability insurance

Add protection for you and your business against claims of negligence, like if a customer falls on a broken step and injures themselves while visiting your office.

We'll make it quick and easy

Tailored to your business

Optional covers tailored to your business, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

We'll save you time

Get a quote and cover online or by phone. We’ll reduce unnecessary paperwork and save you time.

Trusted by thousands

Protecting thousands of Victorian businesses like yours.

Frequently asked questions

RACV Business Insurance caters to the needs of small businesses and sole traders. This covers operations with less than 20 employees and less than $5 million turnover per year.

If a client of yours claims that you’ve made a mistake that caused them financial loss, the costs required to defend your business can be significant.

RACV Professional Indemnity Insurance can cover you for some unexpected costs like damages, claims investigations, public relations consultants and more.

Not all businesses are the same. That’s why the level of professional indemnity insurance you need is unique to:

  • the size of your business i.e. employees, income
  • your risk appetite
  • how much it would cost to fix the problem if a mistake is made.

You can cover your business for up to $20 million for professional indemnity each year. We’ll ask you some questions to help you determine what level of cover is best to protect your business.

The information provided is general advice only. Before making any decisions please consider your own circumstances and the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations. For copies, visit As a referrer, RACV Insurance Services Pty Ltd AFS Licence No. 230039 receives commission for each policy sold or renewed. Product(s) issued by Insurance Australia Ltd, ABN 11 000 016 722, AFS Licence No. 227681.