Exclusive to RACV Members
RACV Members receive a 30-day mechanical guarantee on all vehicle inspections. If a mechanical fault is found within 30 days that was not identified on the inspection report, you will receive a reimbursement towards the cost of the repair. This guarantee does not apply to our Complimentary Car Maintenance Check which is an external examination of the vehicle.
Important information about the mechanical guarantee
The guarantee is subject to the following conditions:
- This guarantee is only available to current RACV members.
- The member must contact the RACV Accredited Auto Care Centre where the inspection was completed (the “Inspecting AACC”) prior to having any repair work carried out.
- Repairs must be authorised by the Inspecting AACC, or RACV, prior to work being undertaken.
- All repairs are to be conducted at an approved RACV Accredited Auto Care Centre (the “Repairer”). The Repairer may be the Inspecting AACC (at the member’s discretion)
- The member must have the vehicle repaired within 30-days of approving the repairs.
- The member must pay the Repairer for the full cost of repairs and submit the statement of work and paid invoice to the Inspecting AACC. The Inspecting AACC, upon checking the statement of work and invoice, will reimburse the member for the cost of repair up to the value of $1000 for pre-purchase inspections and $2000 for comprehensive inspections.
- The mechanical fault must occur within 30-days from the date of the inspection (“the guarantee period”).
- All claims under the guarantee must be notified to the Inspecting AACC or the RACV Motoring Advisory Line within seven days of the expiry of the guarantee period. Claims notified more than seven days after the expiry date of the guarantee period will not be accepted.
- The member can make claims under the guarantee up to the limit of the mechanical guarantee ($1000 for pre-purchase inspections and $2000 for comprehensive inspections).
- The guarantee excludes any items repaired after the inspection; consumables (such as engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, tyres, lighting and batteries); pre-existing faults identified as Observation, Early, Immediate, or Warranty in the inspection report; any item covered under a valid dealer statutory warranty; and any non-mechanical items including body work.
*For the avoidance of doubt, the 30-day mechanical guarantee on vehicle inspections does not apply to a Complimentary Car Maintenance Check.