Celebrate World Chocolate Day Everyday
World Chocolate Day is the perfect excuse to indulge with these delicious recipes.
To celebrate World Chocolate Day this week (and let's be honest, it should be a whole week of celebration), RACV City Club's executive chef Amit Sinha shares two of his favourite chocolatey recipes, including his airy, yet rich Manjari Chocolate Mousse made from dark-chocolate couverture, as well as his decadently fudgy Pecan Chocolate Brownies, which pair perfectly with coffee to impress your friends when they next visit.
Whip up a chocolate treat for World Chocolate Day and beyond.
- Combine milk and cream in heavy medium saucepan. Bring milk mixture to simmer. Remove from heat.
- Place the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Don't let the bowl touch the water. Stir until melted. Remove bowl from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk egg yolks and sugar in a medium-sized bowl until blended. Gradually whisk hot-milk mixture into yolk mixture. Return the mixture to the saucepan. Stir over low heat for about five minutes, until the mixture thickens and leaves a path on the back of the spoon when a finger is drawn across it. Do not boil. Strain the mixture into the bowl containing the melted chocolate. Whisk it well.
- In a separate bowl, whip cream until thickened. Be careful not to over-beat. Use a large metal spoon to carefully fold the cream into the chocolate mixture, and try to keep the mixture as light as possible.
- Transfer into the serving dishes, and chill in the fridge for at least one hour. Remove from the fridge 15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan forced. Grease a 20cm (base measurement) square cake tin, and line with baking paper.
- Place butter and chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Don't let the bowl touch the water. Stir with a metal spoon until melted. Remove from heat.
- Whisk egg and sugar in a mixing bowl. Add the melted chocolate mixture. Mix well. Gently fold the flour and roasted pecan nuts, until just combined. Pour into prepared pan. Bake for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool completely.