RACV Safe Mates Program Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prize details form part of the conditions of entry.
2. All employees of the promoter and its related bodies corporate and the immediate families of such employees are ineligible to enter. Entry is limited to residents of the State of Victoria.
3. Competition commences 9:00am 30/01/2017 and closes at 11:59pm 19/05/2017 ("the promotion period").
4. Entry in the competition is by way of submitting an entry form and the competition is open to Year 9 to 12 students enrolled in Victorian Secondary Schools / TAFE Colleges.
5. Entrants acknowledge that the Promoter may choose whether or not to publish the Entrant’s photograph or video on the RACV Young Driver Safety Facebook page, RACV YouTube Channel and or RACV website at its sole discretion. The publication of an entry to the RACV Young Driver Safety Facebook page, RACV YouTube Channel and or RACV website is for the purpose of public viewing and reference only and does not constitute acceptance of that entry as a winner, unless otherwise stipulated by the Promoter.
6. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they are responsible for obtaining all necessary rights for the public performance and communication of music arising from any use by either the Entrant or the Promoter of the video entry.
7. Entrants acknowledge and agree that they are responsible for obtaining all necessary model and property releases for the use of any images, names, likenesses, trademarks, logos, uniforms, buildings signs, registered or copyright designs, or works of art depicted in the entry.
8. Entrants agree that:
a. with respect to all entries (and any other surrounding or supporting materials) submitted (“Content”) and unless the Promoter advises otherwise, the Entrants grant to the Promoter, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display the Content for any purpose whatsoever and in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability, including in advertising and marketing campaigns. Entrants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use. They warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights.
b. they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. Entrants acknowledge and agree that the Promoter, in its absolute discretion, may remove any Content from display at any time for any reason whatsoever, including but not limited to, where the Promoter reasonably suspects the Content does not comply with these Terms and Conditions. Notwithstanding the Promoter's right to remove any Content at any stage, the terms and warranties as set out in these Terms and Conditions will still apply to Content that is removed.
c. the entry is made specifically for the competition and is not part of any other competition and has not been publically shown previously in any other medium.
9. Entrants warrant and agree that:
a. they will not submit any Content that is unlawful or fraudulent, or that is in breach of any intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights, defamatory, obscene, derogatory, pornographic, sexually inappropriate, violent, abusive, harassing, threatening, objectionable with respect to race, religion, origin or gender, not suitable for children aged under 15, or otherwise unsuitable for publication;
b. they will only submit original Content that has been personally created by the Entrant;
c. their Content does not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity;
d. if their Content depicts any person other than themselves, they have obtained their consent to submit the Content for the purposes of the competition; and
e. they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others' computers or communication systems.
10.Three finalists will be chosen by the judging panel and have their social media posts or photographs or video clips shown on-line via the RACV Young Driver Safety Facebook page and/or RACV YouTube channel.
11.The prize winner(s) shall be chosen on originality, road safety merit and impact by the judges. The judges' decision is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
12.The total prize pool is valued at $7,000 and consists of first prize of $2,000 cash for winning entrant plus $2,000 cash for their school, second prize of $1,000 cash for entrant plus $1,000 cash for their school, third prize of $500 cash for entrant plus $500 cash for their school. ("the Prizes").
13.Prizes will be awarded per entrant, not per individual. An entrant can be an individual or group of individuals from one school.
14.Finalists will be will be notified by phone and/or email by 2/06/2017 and the winner(s) will be notified by phone and/or email by 12/09/2017.
15.If a prize is not claimed by the prize winner(s) within 3 months of the date of notification, the prize will be deemed to be forfeited by the prize winner(s).
16.The prize(s) is non-transferable and cannot be exchanged.
17.The promoter is not liable for any loss or damage arising out of the acceptance and use of the prize(s) by prize winner(s). The promoter is not responsible or liable for loss, theft, unauthorised use or damage of prize after presentation or delivery to the prize winner(s).
18.The promoter is RACV ABN 44 004 060 833, 550 Princes Highway, Noble Park North, Victoria 3174
- The personal information submitted in an entry is collected by the promoter and will be used for the purpose of conducting the promotion. Personal information supplied by entrants may be provided to related bodies corporate or agencies of the Promoter and third parties involved in promoting or conducting the promotion for the purposes of conducting the promotion and future marketing and publicity communications. Name and address details of entrants may be used as a mailing list for future promotions and marketing carried out by the promoter, including via electronic messages and telephoning the entrant. Entrants can request to access, update or correct information or request not to receive information about future promotions by calling 13 RACV (13 1228). RACV’s Privacy Charter can be found at www.racv.com.au/privacy.
20.Entrants’ submissions may be used for future promotions carried out by the promoter. Entrants can request their submissions not be used in future promotions by calling 13 RACV (13 7228).
21.No responsibility is accepted for lost, misdirected or delayed mail. The promoter accepts no responsibility and no liability for entries not received.
22. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the promoter, the promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law (a) to disqualify any entrant; or (b) subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority, to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the promotion, as appropriate.