Whether you’re a domestic cleaner, handyman or home carer RACV Business Insurance has flexible cover to protect your tools, vehicles and public liability.

You can tailor your package by choosing from different cover options, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

Public and product liability
Protects you from claims of accidental damage or injury caused to an individual if you’re found to be liable.

Property damage
Protects you for loss or damage to your business tools, equipment, contents and stock at the premises, or a building in the event of a fire, storm or other covered events.

Theft and money
Covers you if a person breaks into your business premises (or rental property) and steals your stock, contents, equipment, or money.

Covers breakdown of certain machinery you need to run your business, like vacuum cleaners, ovens or air conditioners.

Covers breakage to shop front windows, glass shelving, sign writing and display cabinets.

This is a summary only – terms, conditions and policy limits apply. For the full details of what is and is not covered you can read the RACV Business Insurance Policy.

Business interruption
Covers your business expenses if your gross income is interrupted by damage caused by an incident we cover.

Employee dishonesty
Cover for loss of money or goods caused by employee fraud or dishonesty.

Portable property
Covers your business tools and equipment (e.g. laptops or mobile phones) against accidental fire or theft, anywhere in Australia.

Commercial motor vehicles
Covers the motor vehicles you use to operate your business, including vans, utes and trailers.

Tax investigation
Covers the cost of professional fees resulting from an audit or investigation which relates to you paying a tax.

Tailored to your business

Optional covers tailored to your business, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

We'll save you time

Get a quote and cover online or by phone. We’ll reduce unnecessary paperwork and save you time.

Trusted by thousands

Protecting thousands of Victorian businesses like yours.

What is public liability insurance?

Public liability insurance is designed to protect your business against legal claims resulting from injuries to another person or damage to their property for covered events. If you work with clients or customers in public spaces, visit spaces owned or controlled by others, have visitors to your premises, or manufacture products, this cover could help cover unexpected costs when accidents happen.

How much public liability insurance do I need for my business?

Not all businesses are the same. That’s why the level of public liability insurance you need is unique to:

  • the size of your business i.e. employees, income
  • your risk appetite
  • how much it would cost to fix the problem if a mistake is made.

You can cover your business for up to $20 million for public liability each year. We’ll ask you some questions to help you determine what level of cover is best to protect your business.

The information provided is general advice only. Before making any decisions please consider your own circumstances and the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations. For copies, visit racv.com.au. As distributor, RACV Insurance Services Pty Ltd AFS Licence No. 230039 receives commission for each policy sold or renewed. Product(s) issued by Insurance Australia Ltd, ABN 11 000 016 722, AFS Licence No. 227681.