RACV Emergency Home Assist is available in metro Melbourne and most regional areas in Victoria

Enter your postcode and click submit to check service in your area

How RACV Emergency Home Assist works

  1. 1

    Purchase an annual subscription

    Fill in the short online form and pay via credit card or PayPal. 72-hour waiting period applies after purchase.

  2. 2

    Call 13 46 63 when you have an emergency

    We’ll send out a tradie to your home. They’ll usually be there within the hour.

  3. 3

    Our tradie is committed to fixing the problem

    If the common emergency can't be fixed on the spot, we'll carry out temporary repairs and provide an obligation-free quote.

What's included with RACV Emergency Home Assist

Exclusions and limitations apply including the provision of some parts and materials. Refer to the RACV Emergency Home Assist Terms and Conditions for more details.

Services not covered by RACV Emergency Home Assist

These are a few examples of things not covered by RACV Emergency Home Assist. Make sure you check the Terms and Conditions for a full list of conditions, limits and exclusions.

  • Dripping taps
  • Installing or changing light globes
  • Repairing internal doors
  • Repairing shower screens
  • Repairing flyscreens
  • Repairing pool equipment

Ways you can save with RACV

If you’re already an RACV member, our Years of Membership Benefits apply to your subscription purchase, making RACV Emergency Home Assist even better value. 

Card colour


5 - 9 years

10 - 24 years

25 - 50 years

Gold 50+
51+ years







Price per annum*






*Prices valid as of 1 August 2018 and are subject to change.

RACV Home Trades & Services

Don't have an emergency but still want to fix that dripping tap or kick off some home improvements? RACV has the right tradie for the job.

Frequently asked questions

How does Pay Per Emergency work?

If you don’t have a subscription, you can still get immediate help on a single job basis. This is known as Pay Per Emergency and costs $269 per individual service. No RACV member discounts apply to this option.

I rent – can I purchase RACV Emergency Home Assist?

RACV is not available to tenants. It is only available to home owners or their managing agents, for residential properties including houses, duplexes, flats, units and apartments.

If your landlord or managing agent has nominated the property you’re living in for RACV Emergency Home Assist, you’re allowed to make an emergency call out by calling 13 46 63.

What others are saying about RACV Emergency Home Assist