RACV DIRECT DEBIT AGREEMENT
This agreement covers the following products: RACV E-Bike Definitions
“You” means the Account Holder(s) or Credit Card holder.
“RACV” means Royal Automobile Club of Victoria (RACV) Limited ABN 44 004 060 833
1. Direct Debit Arrangements:
1.1 .Payment will be debited the last day of the month (including if this falls on a weekend or public holiday)
1.2 All banking information will be kept private and confidential.
1.3 If the debit payment is declined for any reason:
- you or your account may be charged a fee and/or interest by your financial institution;
- you or your account may be charged a fee to reimburse us for charges we have incurred for the failed transaction;
- you will be notified by RACV that you have dishonoured and will need to contact RACV to lift the stop on your account, failure to contact RACV and lift your stop will result in your policy lapsing after 90 days from dishonour and we may recover the bike from you
- you will not be covered for service. To receive service you will be required to pay all amounts owing by contacting 1800 870 795 and arranging payment.
2. Your rights:
2.1 You may change the Bank Account or Credit Card details by calling RACV at least two (2) business days prior to the payment due date for the next direct debit.
2.2 You may change or defer a debit payment, or terminate this agreement by contacting RACV:
2.3 Any notification under part 2.2 must be provided to RACV at least two (2) days before the next payment due date.
3. Your responsibilities:
3.1 It is your responsibility to ensure that:
- your nominated Bank Account or Credit Card can accept direct debits as direct debiting is not available from all accounts offered by financial institutions.
- sufficient funds are available in the nominated Bank Account or Credit Card to meet a direct debit on the payment due date to avoid dishonour fees.
- the authorisation given to draw on the nominated account is identical to the Bank Account or Credit Card signing instruction held by the Financial Institution where the Bank Account or Credit Card is held.
- you advise RACV if the Bank Account or Credit Card nominated by you is transferred, closed or expired.
- arrange a suitable alternative payment method if the direct debit arrangement ends for any reason.
4. Changes by us:
4.1 We may vary any details of the Direct Debit Agreement at any time by giving you at least fourteen days written notice. The Direct Debit Agreement does not include your Payment Schedule.
5.1 If you believe that there has been an error in debiting your account, you should call us directly on 1800 870 795 as soon as possible so that we can resolve your question quickly. We might ask for written confirmation of the transaction.
5.2 If our investigations show that your account has been incorrectly debited we will arrange for your financial institution to adjust your account (including interest and charges) accordingly. We will also notify you of the amount by which your account has been adjusted.
5.3 If our investigations show that your account has not been incorrectly debited we will respond to your question by providing you with reasons and copies of evidence for this finding.
5.4 Any questions you may have about an error made in debiting your account should be directed to us in the first instance so that we can attempt to resolve the matter between you and RACV. If we cannot resolve the matter you can still refer it to your financial institution which will obtain details from you of the disputed transaction and may lodge a claim on your behalf.