RACV Farm Insurance is for small hobby farms or horticulture businesses and is designed to protect your crops, livestock, farm machinery, and more.

You can tailor your package by choosing from different cover options, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

Home building
Protect your domestic homestead by covering your home building and built-in fittings.

Home contents
Protect domestic assets and equipment in your home, such as clothing, office equipment or furnishings.

Farm property
Covers your farm buildings, contents, machinery, fencing, hay and livestock in the event of a fire or defined event, like storm damage.

Farm liability
Protect your farm against liability claims for accidental property damage or personal injury caused by your farm operations.

Farm vehicle
Add cover for your farm vehicles, including cars, tractors, trucks, utes, motorcycles, quad bikes, trailers and forklifts.

Machinery breakdown
Covers breakdown of machinery you need to run your farm.

This is a summary only – terms, conditions and policy limits apply. For the full details of what is and is not covered you can read the RACV Farm Insurance Policy.

Farm property in transit
Protects your livestock, equipment, produce and supplies against fire, collision, overturning or theft while they are in transit.

Portable and electronic equipment
Covers the breakdown of office equipment, such as computers, printers and phones, anywhere in Australia.

Business interruption
Covers your business expenses if your gross income is interrupted, or damaged by an incident we cover.

Additional working costs
Covers you for the additional expenses to maintain normal farm operations following a defined event (e.g. a bushfire), so you can keep your farm operating while critical equipment is replaced or property restored.

Tax audit expenses
Covers the cost of professional fees resulting from a tax office audit or investigation.

Tailored to your business

Optional covers tailored to your business, so you don’t pay for insurance you don’t need.

We'll save you time

Get a quote and cover online or by phone. We’ll reduce unnecessary paperwork and save you time.

Trusted by thousands

Protecting thousands of Victorian businesses like yours.

What types of claims does RACV Farm Insurance cover?

Some examples of claims that might be covered under RACV Farm Insurance would be:

  • someone who visits your farm slips and breaks their ankle
  • you accidentally damage a neighbour’s property with your equipment
  • livestock escape their fencing and cause a car crash
  • someone becomes ill after eating a farm product you sold.

These are summaries only. For more information on what is and is not covered you can read the RACV Farm Insurance Policy.

Does RACV Farm Insurance cover big or small farms?

RACV Farm Insurance caters to the needs of small hobby farms. It's designed to meet the insurance needs of a wide range of small farming and horticultural businesses, while offering the flexibility to choose from 11 different types of cover to protect your business.

The information provided is general advice only. Before making any decisions please consider your own circumstances and the Product Disclosure Statement and Target Market Determinations. For copies, visit racv.com.au. As distributor, RACV Insurance Services Pty Ltd AFS Licence No. 230039 receives commission for each policy sold or renewed. Product(s) issued by Insurance Australia Ltd, ABN 11 000 016 722, AFS Licence No. 227681.