• What is Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance?

    When you’re caught in a bingle, the last thing you want to worry about is whether you’ve got the right cover. Rest at ease knowing that with RACV Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance, you’re not only covered for unintentional damage you cause to other people’s property, you’re also covered if your car is stolen or damaged by a fire. 

What does Third Party Fire and Theft Car Insurance cover?

With an RACV Third Party Property Fire and Theft Insurance policy, you'll be covered for a range of events. Here’s a summary of what’s included:
  • Liability cover up to $20 million for unintentional damage to someone else’s vehicle or property.
  • Up to $10,000 in cover for loss or damage to your vehicle caused by fire, theft or attempted theft.
  • Hire car after a theft or attempted theft where your vehicle can’t be driven, for up to 21 days.
  • Up to $5000 in limited cover for damage to your vehicle if you’re not at fault in the collision, the other driver is uninsured and you can provide their details.
  • One tow from an incident to a safe place or repairer.

This is only a summary of the inclusions for RACV Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance. For more information, such as conditions, limits and exclusions, please read the Product Disclosure Statement.

  • Cover for repairs to your vehicle where you are at fault in the collision.
  • Running costs of a hire car, such as petrol or tolls.
  • Loss or damage to a hire car.
  • Liability from the use of a hire car.
  • A hire car arranged by you, unless RACV Insurance approved it beforehand.

For more information on General Exclusions and items not included in your cover, refer to the Product Disclosure Statement.

Drive with confidence knowing you’re covered with RACV Third Party Fire and Theft Insurance.

Ways to save with RACV

Frequently asked questions

What’s the difference between Comprehensive Car Insurance and Third Party Insurance?

Comprehensive Car Insurance covers collision damage to your car, as well as unintentional collision damage to other people’s property (including vehicles).

Third Party Insurance only covers unintentional collision damage to other people’s property (including vehicles). The cost to repair damage to your own car following an incident or accident would be an out of pocket expense.

This is only a summary of the differences between RACV Car Insurance policies. Refer to the relevant Product Disclosure Statement for specific terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions. 

What is agreed value and market value?

Market Value is an assessment of the value of the vehicle at the time of the incident based on its age and condition. Because it is not a fixed amount, you won’t know how much compensation you’ll receive if you need to make a claim.

Agreed value is the amount you will be reimbursed in the event of a claim where your car is in which your car is declared a total loss and is agreed on by you (the car owner) and the insurer. The agreed value amount is agreed upon by the car owner and their insurer. Because it is a fixed amount, it provides more certainty on what compensation you can expect if your car is considered a write off after an accident.

You can only choose between agreed and market value if you purchase a Comprehensive or Complete Care® Car Insurance policy.

Other RACV Car Insurance products

For full details on how you’re covered read the Product Disclosure Statement

Keep up to date with the latest from Royal Auto

* On existing policies discount takes effect at next renewal. Excludes Travel, Business, Farm, Single Item and Pet Insurance products.

RACV Motor Insurance is issued by Insurance Manufacturers of Australia Pty Limited ABN 93 004 208 084 AFS Licence No. 227678. Please consider the Product Disclosure Statement before buying. For a copy call 13 RACV (13 7228) or visit racv.com.au.