Everything you need to know about cruise travel insurance
Australians love to cruise. A whopping 1.3 million Aussies boarded a cruise in 2017 and we’re expected to break through the 2 million mark by 2020. This places us as the second fastest growing cruising country in the world.1
Cruising can be a spectacular way to see the world or even just explore your own country in new, exciting ways. Whether you’re voyaging through the crystal-clear waters of the South Pacific, meandering through the Mediterranean or exploring Australia’s West Coast, cruise holidays can offer everything from total relaxation to action-packed adventure.
However, before you set sail into the sunset, you need to make sure you have the right travel insurance that covers you for cruises.
International cruise travel insurance
By taking out our international travel insurance policies, you’re covered with cruise travel insurance.
Our policy protects your possessions on board, provides cancellation cover if the unexpected happens and covers overseas medical expenses and medical evacuation. Most importantly, though, it gives you peace of mind, so that you can enjoy your trip without worrying about the ‘what ifs’.
What does internaitonal travel insurance cover?
- Overseas medical expenses and medical evacuation
- Luggage and personal items
- 24-hour emergency assistance
- Emergency expenses overseas
- Pre-existing medical conditions and pregnancy
These coverage benefits are subject to terms, limits and exclusions. For a comprehensive list of what is and isn’t covered in our international travel insurance policies, click here.
International cruise travel insurance policies
We offer a great range of premium international travel insurance policies which automatically provides cruise insurance, providing you with the security and insurance cover you need wherever you are heading.
Our travel insurance policies:
- Total Travel Care – For a comprehensive cover including unlimited emergency expenses and dental.*
- Extra Travel Care – Enjoy great inclusions such as cover for cancellation fees and lost deposits, unlimited medical and hospital expenses and travel delay.
- Travel Care – Includes our key benefits such as unlimited overseas medical and hospital, emergency expenses and lost luggage.
- Annual-Multi Trip Plan – If you are planning on going away more than once over the next 12-months, our multi-trip plan provides comprehensive cover for an unlimited number of trips over a year.*
All RACV Members are also rewarded with 15% off your international policy.